Thursday, May 5, 2011

Decisions... Decisions...

I wanted to let all of you know that after lots of prayer and thought we will be moving back in to our home in the next few weeks. Let me start by saying that we have enjoyed the process and love the fact that we got to help out children. We enjoyed having each of the children that we had with us! Some of their stories were heart breaking but all the same we loved on each one of them! When we began our journey with The Cora House we agreed to help get the facility up and running and having children in it again. We turned the facility into a home and will work over the next few weeks to get it turned over to someone else. I am very excited about going back home! You know there is just something about a house when it is yours. I went by the house last week and stood in my empty living room and just cried. I have missed it! When we started fostering the concept of The Fort church was no where in sight. When this concept became a reality after the first of the year. I saw how busy our life became. I heard our teenage foster child say that she was stressed and it took all I had not to come unglued and explain to her what stress really was. Let me try to put it down here: work, being audited at work, family, my two kids and their homework every night, they both play ball and being at the ballfield 3 times a week and then making sure they get to hitting lessons once a week, making sure each night that they are fed, bathed and ready for school the next day, the 100 times that they have events at their school and need a parent to attend, my husband ( bless his heart I can't tell you the last time we spent time together ), helping him counsel with individuals from the church, helping him start a church & this took being in Fort Mitchell at least 4 days a week to now maybe 2, making sure his clothes are clean to preach in each Sunday, he serves on two boards, and works a full time job also, being over the children's ministry at our new church and developing it from scratch, doing lessons each week and making sure the teachers have all the supplies that are needed weekly, fostering a teenager, dealing with her social worker, dealing with teenage "mess", making sure she has what she needs, transporting her to and from tennis, fostering a 4 month old, taking care of a baby... need I say anymore!, dealing with his parents and social worker, having mine and adams social worker come for home visits, court dates for fostering, ISP meetings for fostering, making sure that the house is clean, making sure that there are groceries in the cabinets and trying to wash mounds and mounds of laundry.... IN ALL OF THIS I have found that something has to give for the sake of my family.. And if I hear another person around me say that they are stressed, I simply have no sympathy right now! Pray about it and keep on going.... That is what has gotten us through! With Prayer and the help of some friends I have come to the realization that we will be giving up fostering and focusing on our family and our church. Our stress will not go away by no means but we are going to be doing away with some of it. Our foster teenager will be going to live with her sister in Florida on May 20. At this time we will begin transitioning back to our home. We will take the four month old with us until he is placed back with his family or with another family. I have become too attached just to say here do with him what you can... He is a precious baby and we and all of our family and friends have completely grown to love him. So please e in prayer for us in the coming weeks to transition away from two individuals that have become part of our family and pray that we find the time in our day to move and get a home ready to live in and make sure one is in great shape when we leave. Just wanted to update everyone myself before you heard it from someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment