Monday, May 23, 2011

Play by Play

So last week completely flew by....

The girls had their end of year parties at school and completed another grade.  We enjoyed spending Thursday celebrating with Tillery.  She graduated kindergarten that morning and then she chose to go have lunch at Fudrucker's.  I took off and the girls and I spent the rest of the afternoon playing at the house.  So I now have a first grader and a fourth grader!

Last week we also wrapped up the regular season of fast pitch softball.  We played Tuesday night and I will have to say that was the best game I have seen our little Ladybugs play!  We played again Thursday night and pulled of two wins this last week and closed out our season.  Now we will be playing all-stars and we are going to play on a travel ball team this summer.  Oh the hot days of ballparks are not over!

We also had another celebration this weekend.  We invited lots of friends over Saturday for Taylor's birthday party.  We had a luau out by the pool.  Taylor made out great with a i-pod touch and lots of itunes gift cards.  She had a great time Saturday and finished it off with spend the night company.

Yesterday at church we hosted a BBQ for all of the people coming to church with us.  It was great.  We even invited the church down the street to bring their members and join us for some fun.  Our church had about 257 this Sunday and overall we fed over 300.  The food was great and relationships are beginning to be made. 

We closed one chapter in our life this weekend also...   Tamra moved out yesterday.  Tamra has been with us since November.  Wow life with a teen is quite a bit different.  I absolutely dread my children getting to that age!

The last celebration we had this past weekend was a birthday celebration with all the Tillery family at country's BBQ.   We celebrated and ate with my grandmother for her birthday.  It is always great being with family!

The best part about my weekend was having my Friday off.  Now granted it was jam packed with errands this week.  That was because someone had to pick up everything for all of our parties this weekend.  But the girls went right along with me and we had a great time...  Here are a couple of pics of the girls having fun this weekend despite the hustle and bustle


As we begin a new week we look forward to my Friday's off this summer.  I promised the girls after we move this weekend that each Friday we will do something special just us and their dad (of course) if he is off.  This week will be filled with packing and moving back into our house.  We are trying to get as much of it done as we can....   The girls are officially on summer break and got to sleep in this morning and enjoy being at home with a sitter..  They were so excited!  I also enjoyed this too....  I didn't have to drag them out of bed and make lunch boxes.  We begin practice this week for travel ball.  We have another celebration Thursday night at the pool for our Ladybug team party.  We are going to enjoy our extra long weekend and move as much as we can before we head to the beach next week...

Until my next blog, Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment