Monday, May 2, 2011

In the news....

My goodness... It is EXTREMELY rare that we sit down and watch TV.  We went non-stop all weekend and about 9:30 last night we decided to sit down a minute and enjoy our new puppy and eat some supper.  I got Gabe and Tillery to sleep and then decided that I was hungry.... I made me a bowl of cereal and turned on the TV.   I saw the headline on ABC...  Osama Bin Laden Dead.   WOW!!!! 


This has been 10 years coming and I don't think I ever thought I would see this day.  I remember the awful day that I really remember first hearing of his name...  It was September 11, 2001.  I had just found out the day before that day that we were going to be having our Taylor.  Adam had to pack up that morning and head to Mississippi to work storm damage.  I remember trying to get in touch with him for hours and the phone lines were busy.  I remember sitting and watching the news story about the first plane and seeing the second one hit the twin towers.  I remember very vividly all the events of the day as they went on. 

My prayer today is that those who lost loved ones in the tragedy on Sept 11, 2001 find peace today!

No comments:

Post a Comment